Amazon

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: Why is everything a SaaS product?

Ask HN: Why is everything a SaaS product?
36 by kevivni | 32 comments on Hacker News.
I understand the advantages of Saas - transparent updates, cloud based, redundancy, subscriptions, scaling, unicorns etc. Why don't we have more businesses following the JetBrains model specially if the product is not a service that needs to run 24/7. I buy the product once and use it for perpetuity. If I want updates, I pay more. As a consumer, my data does not leave my perimeter, my data is not sold or used for ads and I am not hooking into a subscription that I am going to forget soon. 1) Personal photos and videos backup and viewer. - Just give me a cheap cloud for backup and a desktop app for viewing. 2) Personal budget - Just give me a desktop app that connects to my different accounts and gives me overview.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RFK Jr says he was behind mystery of dead bear dumped in Central Park with bicycle - The Guardian US

Israel orders Gazans out of swathes of Khan Younis - Reuters

Mexico's president says country will break diplomatic ties with Ecuador - NPR